Published Date: 10-June-2017
So you are not brokers!, that is usually the start of any conversation about M & A Markets, then what do you do? is usually the next question.
M & A Markets is a Marketplace Operated by Accountancy Firms where Businesses are Bought & Sold on behalf of Clients.
Why? (then follows) - ACCESS - there is no single recognised marketplace for selling, buying, or investing in sub €10m businesses. It is often difficult to generate an expression of interest let alone competitive bidding for a client’s business. On the other hand finding the right business to buy is equally difficult. The current methods lack continuity; traditional advertisements disappear from public view within a couple of days. Confidentiality is also a major issue for those who want to keep their intention to sell below the radar, traditionally competitors are often the first parties approached so confidentiality or anonymity are difficult to implement.
The current system of “known investors” does not recognise that this extended period of low interest rates has generated many investors who are looking for alternative investment opportunities. The lack of a recognised marketplace is a major hindrance to investors’ access to deals which reduces competition.
M & A Markets provides this marketplace, it facilitates deals by providing a professional, confidential, and anonymous platform solely for those interested in investing in, buying or selling businesses.
The how is easy , the M & A Markets format is simple:
- Only Accountancy practices can represent Businesses and Investors on the marketplace.
- The marketplace is secure and anonymous, even M & A Markets does not know the investor or seller’s identity.
- A member practice places a listing on the platform on behalf of their client. At this point the accountant is also anonymous which leads to a level playing field for the client.
- M & A Markets plays no role in the negotiations, initial contact and ensuing negotiations take place between the accountants for both parties.
- M & A Markets collects no commission – there is a membership fee and that is all.
- M & A Markets facilitates anonymous enquiries until one of the accountants identifies themselves after which negotiations can continue in the traditional way.
- The listing remains live 24/7 until removed by the member firm.
- Investors and Business owners can join free of charge but only see a summary of each listing, however It only takes one click to share a listing with their accountant for discussion.
- All enquiries must come through an accountancy practice; this ensures that all enquiries have the benefit of being pre-screened by an industry professional.
The accountant represents their client, with no third party involvement, secure in the knowledge that they are reaching the widest possible audience of interested parties.
From our experience to date from visits to the M & A Markets website there is huge interest among business people in finding accountancy practices who offer M&A and TAS services for sub €10m businesses
So where do you start? You need people who are experienced in selling businesses and even in that group there are a range of skillsets required:
Always #TalkToYourAccountant for professional advice.
M & A Markets provides access to a marketplace that is unique to any other deal space.
“Always talk to your accountant during any deal”– Tim Counihan Tweet
M & A Markets provides accountancy firms with anonymous access to a national and international network of accountants who specialise in buying and selling businesses on behalf of their clients.